It's the only headset that offers HQ (high quality) mode right now. It really does sound great, very clear, no static. Just how a headset should be. It feels comfortable in your ear, but I haven't used it for long gaming sessions yet, so I can't comment on long term use right now.
To pair you just plug the headset in via usb cable (don't plug in the cradle yet!), to the PS3 and your done.
- High-Quality (HQ) mode that delivers clear and wideband online voice chat and supports ‘voice command’ for select games.
- Dual-microphone design for high-quality noise cancellation with supported games on the PS3™ system.
- Supplied charging cradle connected to the headset works as a desktop microphone while charging.
- Automatic pairing with the PS3™ system via a USB cable.
- Exclusive game indicator screen on the PS3™ system displays connection status, battery charge level, speaker volume level and microphone muting status.
- Easily accessible mic muting button.
- Compact, sleek and ergonomic design fits comfortably on either ear.
- PS3™ system games that support headset functionality.
- Most Bluetooth enabled cell phones and audio devices.
- Talk time: Up to 8 hours
- Standby time: Approximately 12.5 days or 300 hours
- Charging time: Approximately 3 hours
- Operating range: Up to 33 feet (10 meters)
- Bluetooth version: Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Supported Bluetooth profiles: Bluetooth hands-free and headset profiles
*High-Quality (HQ) mode enables wide-band wirelessvoice communication with the PS3™ system. It utilizes Headset’sdual-microphone design to enableproprietary PS3™ system based noise cancelling. It provides betterradio-frequency interference rejection when it is ‘On’ compared to whenit is ‘Off’. High-Quality (HQ) mode and noise cancellation features areonly available on the PS3™ system, and not with other Bluetooth enabledcellphones or devices.