All official info is below, but let me tell you my experience with them. I got this from a local guy on Craigslist and I really like it. This is how I have it hooked up:
PS3 to HDTV via HDMI
HDTV to Receiver via Optical.
That way it works for TV viewing and PS3 use. Very clear, and a powerful sub like everyone says. I watched a movie with all this cannon fire and it shook a paper off a desk near us, lol. Music sounds good on it, it's amazing how well it does for it's price.
I noticed when I started my search for speaker stands, that it was hard to find a match for them. But I finally found a set: Sanus stands model # HTB3b. You'll just need some extra hardware to get it mounted.
Get four 1/4 inch bolts about 3/4 or 1 inch long does the trick. I did1 inch but I'm sure 3/4 inch length would work. Then 4 nuts as well.Just get them at your local hardware store. These are not my photos (I'll take my own later) but this is how it's mounted:
Photo 1, Photo 2, Photo 3
This is what the top of the line sounds like.
- Onboard 5.1 Digital Decoding: Hear every detail of your favorite Dolby® digital and DTS soundtracks.
- THX Certified Sound: Settle for nothing less than the THX seal of approval for master quality.
- 505 Watts: Turn any room of your house into a powerful theater.
- 10" Long-throw Subwoofer and Tuned Bass Port: Get 188 watts of powerful, distortion-free bass.
- Aluminum Phase Plug Satellites: Combine the clarity of a tweeter with the richness and fullness of a separate mid-range.
- Digital and Analog Inputs: Add up to 6 components simultaneously.
- Digital SoundTouch™ Control Panel: Change volume on all speakers, set inputs and more.
- Wireless Remote: Control up to seven sources, even PCs and video games.
- Wall-Mountable Satellite Speakers: Just rotate the stands to switch from desktop to wall.
Satellites: 3” polished aluminum phase plug drivers
Subwoofer: 10” high-excursion ported driver with 6th order bass reflex enclosure
Surround sound effects
- Hardware decoding:
Dolby® Digital, DTS®, and DTS®, 96/24 soundtracks
Dolby Pro Logic II (Movie and Music modes)
6 Channel Direct
- Supported digital formats:
DTS and DTS 96/24
PCM (uncompressed stereo): 44.1 kHz / 16 bit through 96 kHz / 24 bit
- Source Inputs:
Digital optical for DVD or CD players, PlayStation®2, Xbox®**
Digital coaxial for DVD or CD players or PC sound cards (requires coaxial cable, sold separately)
6 channel direct (3 stereo-mini connectors) for 2, 4, or 6 channel PC sound cards OR
6 channel direct (3 stereo-mini connectors) for 3 stereo analog miniaudio sources, like CD and DVD players, Playstation 2, Xbox, or 2channel PC sound cards (somedevices may require stereo mini to dual RCAadapter, sold separately)
Analog stereo-mini (on side panel of control center) for portable CD, MP3,or MiniDisc® players
- Total FTC power: 505 watts RMS
Sub-woofer: 188 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 100Hz, @ 10% THD)
Left/Right: 62 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1khz, @ 10% THD)
Center: 69 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)
Rear Left & Right: 62 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)
- Total Peak power: 1010 watts
- Maximum SPL: >115 dB
- Frequency response: 33 Hz — 20 kHz
- Amplifier: Ultra-linear, high-capacity analog
- Signal to noise ratio: >93.5 dB, typical 100
- Input impedance: 8,000 ohms
- Total FTC power: 505 watts RMS
- Logitech® Z-5500 Digital: 4 satellites, 1 center channel, 1 subwoofer
- 6-channel direct cable
- Digital SoundTouch™ control center
- Wireless remote control, batteries included
- User manual
- 2-year warranty